Okay, I've been using a Mac for several months pretty much exclusively. I do still have a Windows machine on my desk because I have some software that requires it, but my laptop is now a MacBook Pro. I can't just say I like it...I REALLY like it. What makes it better?
- The UI is easy yet powerful and completely intuitive (at least once you drop your Windows-centric assumptions).
- Fewer reboots required by a lot.
- The hardware is really well made and seems it will last very well.
- Apple stays on the cutting edge with cool features like the multi-touch touchpad.
- Built in hardware like the webcam works great.
Plus Apple has the best commercials.
My first Apple laptop was the MacBook Air. I do still love that device, but it's only good for the user who only does web, email, and documents. If you want to process any video or need to do a lot of image processing, it just doesn't quite have the horsepower. The Pro is wonderful in that respect. Apple still needs a machine in between the Pro and the Air, in my opinion. I don't need quite as many ports as the Pro and don't need quite as big a screen, but I do want the CPU and disk. But I'm pretty happy with the Pro as is, especially when compared to PC laptop options.
Is Apple worth the extra dough? I think they are.
Wow, you just went and outed yourself on the internet.
Post a Comment