So, Alisa reminded me of a story, and I figured it was the perfect kind of thing to post to break up the techie stuff.
One day she and I were going somewhere and I was driving. I used to drink a lot of sodas and had a bad habit of leaving partial soda cans in the cupholders of my vehicles. This particular vehicle was a truck that I hadn't driven much in the previous three weeks or so. Alisa apparently had a headache or some similar malady that required the use of medication, if memory serves. She planned to take the pill dry, but something went horribly wrong and she ended up with it lodged in the wrong pipe. She was able to clear it, but in her haste to try to soothe her throat, she decided to grab a swig of a Mountain Dew that was in my cupholder.
Noooooooooooo! I tried to stop her, but it was too late. She took a big gulp. She then was like "what's the big deal?" I had to reply with the unfortunate truth that I was quite certain the particular can she had just drank from had been in there for over TWO WEEKS. That's right, partially spent, open, and sitting there for two weeks. And what's worse? There was nothing any more fresh than that for her to rinse her mouth with.
It was one of the more grotesque things I've witnessed. But she survived, so it couldn't have been all that bad, now could it?